The National Federation of Music Clubs offers more than $750,000 in competition and award prizes on the local, state and national level. The biennial Young Artist and Ellis Duo-Pianists competitions award a total of $50,000 in awards and two years of perf ormance bookings. Additional competitions are sponsored by the Federation in a wide range of categories, including voice, instrumental music, composition, dance, conducting, handicapped and visually impaired, and music therapy.
$15,000 First prize; $2,000 Second prize; $1,000 Third prize
The purpose of the Young Artist auditions is to promote outstanding young artists who are ready for a concert career.
Voice: Age 25 but not 37 by June l, 2014
Instrumental: Age 18 but not 30 by June l, 2014
Application Deadline: February l, 2014
Applicants must be native-born or naturalized American citizens, must be members or become members of the NFMC either by individual or group affiliation before applications are accepted.
- Applicants MUST be native-born or naturalized American citizens. (EXCEPTION: Lynn Freeman Olson Composition, Lynn Freeman Olson Piano Pedagogy Award applicants and International Music Camp applicants—50% U.S. citizens, 50% non U.S. citizens.)
- Applicants must be members or become members of NFMC either by individual or group affiliation before applications are accepted. (EXCEPTION: Young Artist Auditions, Summer Music Center Awards Applicants and the three Armed Forces Awards. Application forms include necessary information for membership.)
- JUNIOR entrants must be members of the Junior Division.
- STUDENT entrants must be members of the Student Division.
- Students CAN NOT compete in the Young Artist Competition and the Student/Collegiate Auditions in the same year.
- ENTRANTS for SENIOR DIVISION AWARDS must be members of the Senior Division.
Each award requires a separate application;
forms and rules are available on the NFMC website: www.nfmc-music.org/
Deadlines vary with each award. See NFMC website for details: